We got quite some resumes after my last post
. Processing them is currently slow so this might not happen before Lotusphere. However I'm pleased to announce positions that are open now
. If you are in India or like to work there you might consider these. Work locations are Dehli and Mumbai:
Technical Sales /Pre Sales for Workplace and Websphere Portal Server
Articulate market vision and strategy for IBM's WebSphere Portal Server to clients/IBM Business Partners.
Design Solution around IBM's Portal Server and Application Servers to be able to position IBM's Value propostion Viz Competetive products like Sharepoint Portal, Oracle Portal, Sun One Portal etc.
This requires deep undertstanding of Features/Functions of Web Application Servers, Portal Servers & Directory Servers (Like LDAP/NDS), Security Products etc.
The Job Responsibilities would include doing Presentations, Demonstrations, Proof of Concept, RFP, system study, preparing a solution/architecture document, making proposal & getting the solution validated and following IBM's best practices. This job is a Technical Sales or Pre Sales job where the candidate would involve in technically positioning the solution/products during the sales cycle & work closely with Global SI's to position IBM Solutions to their customers. The candidate would support IBM Business partners in building the solutions on IBM SW for their customers. This job would also involve training the IBM Business partners on IBM technologies.This job would require frequent travels for short durations.
- 7-10 Year Industry Experience with at least 2 years in building Web Applications (Java J2EE preferred, C# and .NET acceptable).
- Working knowledge of Web Services and similar technologies for integration
- Good knowledge of technical issues in GUI design and building (JSP, ASP, XML, CSS)
- Some limited skills in making GUI look nice desired (for simple demos).
- Applied knowledge of security products for access control (LDAP, Single Sign ON etc) a plus
- Experience with Portal Products (IBM, BEA, Microsoft Sharepoint, Oracle) a very strong plus.
- "Communication Skillsets
- Must have strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Proven experience in customer facing situation"
- Web Application Servers - Websphere Application Server or WebLogic or Oracle Application Server
- Portal Servers Like :- Websphere Portal Server or MS Portal or SunOne Portal, Oracle Portal Server, HummingBird/Broadvision or any other portal
- Development Experience in Java, J2EE or C++ or .Net
- Development Tools like - Eclipse, WSAD, RAD, Borland etc.
- Operating Systems: Unix /Window Server/Linux
- Solution Design & Architecting Skills
- Designer skills to appreciate high performing and good looking Web site
That's from the official Job requirement description. I would add: you need to be curious and passionate. The team is fun to work with and appreciates skilled contributions.
know if you are interested (and copy me).